BA in Economics Through Eastern Iowa Community College
The BA in economics is offered by the UI College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (the Tippie College of Business offers a BBA in Economics). The BA balances economic theory, mathematical tools, and field applications, and graduates pursue advanced degrees or employment in government and industry. In comparison, the BBA in economics serves as a foundation for other business areas such as accounting, finance, marketing, business law, and management.
BA in Economics at Iowa
Review the responsibilities required to become and remain eligible for the 2 Plus 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan.
Eastern Iowa Community College checkpoints
- Complete the fourth level of a single world language as needed for Iowa's General Education Program.
- Complete the following courses:
- MAT 165 Business Calculus (may require a prerequisite course as suggested by math placement)
- MAT 156 Statistics
- POL 111 American National Government
- ECN 120 Principles of Macroeconomics
- Complete all requirements for the AA degree.
- When transferring to Iowa, present a cumulative transfer grade-point average (GPA) of at least 2.00 from all colleges attended.
University of Iowa checkpoints
- Complete the UI courses required for this major, as specified in the UI General Catalog.
- Complete at least half of the remaining semester hours needed for your major and degree during each of your two years at Iowa. (A total of 32 semester hours is required for the economics major and 120 semester hours for the BA degree.)
A current schedule of UI courses is available online via Iowa Student Information Services (ISIS).