More than 20,000 undergraduates chart their futures at The University of Iowa, where they find top academic programs, Big Ten energy, and personal attention in a creative and cosmopolitan environment.
As a major public research institution, The University of Iowa offers extraordinary experience for undergraduates.
• Education at Iowa extends far beyond the classroom, encompassing research laboratories, internship sites, community-based settings, and study-abroad opportunities.
• The smallest public university in the Big Ten, Iowa offers undergraduates the chance to work side-by-side with top faculty members on research, public service projects, and other initiatives.
A University of Iowa education is a sound investment for students and society alike.
• For students, The University of Iowa offers paths to success in the careers of their choice. For Iowa and the nation, the University provides generations of young professionals in diverse fields.
• Iowa’s tuition is among the lowest in the Big Ten, earning the University national recognition as a top college value.
The University of Iowa offers wide-ranging options for students to achieve their education and career goals.
• With more than 100 undergraduate majors, minors, and certificate programs, Iowa lets students tailor their studies to their interests and ambitions.
• Undergraduates are essential members of the University of Iowa community, trusted to help govern the university, and to advance its teaching, research, and service missions.
The Iowa Promise strategic plan
Iowa education facts