- Patients and students benefit from the instructional partnerships between several university colleges and University of Iowa Health Care, which includes University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, the Carver College of Medicine, and UI physicians.
- University of Iowa Health Care annually records more than 932,000 clinic visits and patient admissions.
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” — U.S. News & World Report, 2012-13 News release
- Eight medical specialties are among the top 50 such programs in the nation. — U.S. News & World Report, 2012-13 See Rankings
- University of Iowa Children's Hospital ranks among the top children's hospitals in the country — U.S.News & World Report's Best Children's Hospitals, 2012-2013. News release
- 151 UI physicians have been named “Best Doctors in America” by their peers. (Best Doctors in America 2012)
- UIHC offers expertise in more than 200 health care specialties, ranging from cataracts and allergies to virology and psychology.
The University of Iowa Health Sciences Campus
The University of Iowa is proud to play a major role in the preparation of health professionals for Iowa and the nation. Its academic programs, clinical facilities and service agencies prepare students and practitioners to serve a wide spectrum of human health needs. Its components include:
- College of Dentistry
- Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Public Health
- UI Hospitals and Clinics
- State Hygienic Laboratory at the University of Iowa
- Additional health-related units
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, consistently recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States, is Iowa's only comprehensive, tertiary-level health care center. Patients receive personalized health care provided by highly trained specialists using the most sophisticated medical technology available. As one of the largest university-owned teaching hospitals in the country, UI Hospitals and Clinics annually records more than 850,000 ambulatory clinic visits and about 29,000 acute patient admissions.