Tuition and Fees
Undergraduate Tuition and Fees 2013-14
- Undergraduate tuition and fees for Iowa residents*: $8,061
- Undergraduate tuition and fees for nonresidents*: $26,931
- Room and board fees (average for 9-month academic year): $9,424
Graduate Tuition and Fees 2013-14
- Graduate tuition and fees for Iowa residents*: $9,523
- Graduate tuition and fees for nonresidents*: $26,107
- Estimated annual cost of books: $1,040
- Estimated living expenses: **$14,630
*Tuition and fees vary by college. The figures above are for a 9-month academic year, based on a student in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences taking 9 or more semester hours. For more information, see The Office of the Registrar.
** Living expenses for graduate students reflect the estimated annual costs of student housing, transportation, food, and other personal expenses based on federal financial aid guidelines (family expenses not included), according to the UI Office of Student Financial Aid.