Federal Loans

To apply for federal loans at the University of Iowa, students must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit all required documents.

Federal Direct Loan information will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Your Federal Direct Loan servicer will be listed on the NSLDS web site. NSLDS information is accessible to schools, lenders, and guarantors for specific purposes as authorized by the U.S. Department of Education.


Private Alternative Loans


University of Iowa Student Short-Term Loans