Contact Us by E-Mail
You may be able to receive an immediate answer to your question by:
- reviewing the information below
- viewing our Understanding Your Award (PDF) brochure
- visiting our Frequently Asked Questions web page (Application Process, Federal PIN, Award Noficiation, Disbursement, Miscellaneous), or
- checking our site index.
Due to the high volume of emails being received, please allow up to three business days for a response.
Include the student name and UI ID number in all email correspondence.
I am new to the University of Iowa. What is ISIS and how do I log into the system?
Iowa Student Information Services (ISIS), http://isis.uiowa.edu, is the University of Iowa student service system where you can conduct various types of University business, including admission acceptance, checking your financial aid application/award status, and viewing your University bill. Students can provide their parents with view only guest access to ISIS.
You will need your HawkID and password to log into ISIS. If you forget your HawkID, contact Admissions at 319-335-3847 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time (excluding holidays). If you forget your password, request a Password Reset.
(When viewing Fall 2014 information on ISIS, make sure you select the Fall 2014 session in the drop down box.)
How do I receive my financial aid and pay my University Bill (U-bill)?
- U-bills are available on ISIS the first day of each month. Fall tuition is billed on the August 1 U-bill.
- The University Billing Office will provide the Fall 2014 estimated financial aid (with the exception of work-study) on the August 1 U-bill, if the student's fall financial aid is ready for disbursement (see requirements section of our disbursement web page).
- Beginning the first day of classes (August 25 for most students), any financial aid funds remaining after contract charges (tuition and fees and on-campus housing and dining) have been paid will be refunded to the student by the University Billing Office.
- Before your financial aid will be refunded to you, you must have all prior session charges paid and be registered for the number of hours your financial aid award was based on.
- The University Billing Office web site provides answers to frequently asked U-bill questions and a video tutorial on how to read your U-bill on-line.
When will I receive my financial aid refund?
The refund information will show in ISIS beginning August 25. (When in ISIS, click on Student Records. Under the Financial Aid heading, click on Aid Disbursement.) If you are viewing ISIS prior to August 25, you will not see the details about the refund of excess financial aid. Beginning the first day of classes (August 25 for most students), the University Billing Office will direct deposit your refund to your bank account, if you have paid all of your prior session charges, are enrolled for the appropriate number of hours, and have signed up for direct deposit on ISIS.
Why is the left side of my award notification cut off when I view it in ISIS?
If you are using Internet Explorer as your web browser, your award notification may not display correctly. Try using Firefox or Chrome.
What are the loan fees listed on the award notification?
The federal government assesses loan fees on Federal Direct Loans. Detailed information is available on our loan fees web page.
How do I cancel or reduce my student loan(s)?
If you were awarded loans for the 2014-2015 academic year and you want to cancel or reduce them, complete the Aid Adjustment Form or send an email to our office (firstname.lastname@example.org). If emailing, be sure to include your full name, student ID number, the name of the loan you are wanting to cancel/reduce, and the academic year for which you want the loan cancelled/reduced. If you are wanting a loan reduced, be very specific about the amount that you want the loan reduced to.
It may take up to one week for your cancellation/reduction request to be processed. Approximately one week after submitting your request, check your financial aid award on ISIS. After accessing ISIS:
- click on the heading Student Records and find the heading Financial Aid (make sure you select the correct session in the upper right corner when viewing each page, i.e. Fall 2014)
- click on the heading Award Notification.
Office of Student Financial Aid (for questions about application status, promissory notes)
Due to the high volume of emails being received, please allow up to four business days for a response.
University Billing Office (for questions about U-bill amount and due date, financial aid disbursement and refunds)
Financial Literacy (for assistance with budgeting, wise student loan borrowing, and loan repayment options)
Student Employment (for questions about work-study and student part-time employment)
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (for questions about satisfactory academic progress and completing the SAP appeal form)