Students who wish to work while attending the University of Iowa will find that job opportunities abound on the University campus and in the local Iowa City/Coralville community.
Many benefits exist for students who can balance the demands of work and school. Students who are able to succeed in the classroom while at the same time meet the demands of a job impress employers.
Benefits of Student Employment:
- Pay for educational expenses without increasing loan debt
- Increase your connection to the campus
- Gain valuable work experience
- Develop time management and organizational skills
- Enhance your resume and recommendations for future employment or graduate/professional school
- Develop an understanding of your personal skills, talents, interests and limitations
The University does not assign students a job. Resources to assist students in finding employment are located on our job opportunities web page. Developing the skills necessary to conduct a job search and having a successful job interview is important to the student's future. Student employment staff can assist the student by providing information regarding the advertisement and job search process. In addition, information on this web site will help you through this process.