Federal Financial Aid Regulations [The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA)] requires financial aid offices to provide consumer information to prospective and currently enrolled students. The following is a list of the required topics and links to the detailed information. If you are unable to access the information below, contact the UI Office of Student Financial Aid to request a paper copy of the information.
Additional information can be found on the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost website.
For assistance in obtaining institutional or financial aid information
Student Financial Aid Information
- financial aid programs
- criteria for selecting recipients and for determining amount of award
- eligibility requirements and procedures for applying for aid
- methods and frequency of disbursements of aid
- rights and responsibilities of students receiving Title IV, HEA aid
- criteria for continued student eligibility and satisfactory academic progress
- enrollment in a study abroad program eligible for financial aid
- general conditions and terms applicable to employment provided as part of aid package
- federal student financial aid penalties for drug law violations
- federal student financial aid eligibility for incarcerated individuals
Includes tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, transportation and any additional costs for a program in which a student is enrolled or expresses an interest.
- includes information about state grant assistance
- entrance counseling information
- exit counseling information
Institutional Information (links to Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost web site)