Withdrawing or Dropping Classes After the Summer Semester Has Begun
Summer financial aid awards are based on the number of semester hours in which the student was registered at the time the Summer Financial Aid Application was processed.
Based on federal regulations, financial aid may be cancelled or reduced if a student’s registration changes. How a student’s financial aid may be impacted by entirely withdrawing registration or dropping individual courses is determined by the student’s specific enrollment status and financial aid award.
Students wishing to entirely withdraw their registration or drop individual courses must notify the UI Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) in writing on the day of or prior to changing their registration to see how their financial aid may be impacted. See below for notification instructions.
Required Information for Change of Registration Notification
Notification can be provided by email (email@example.com), fax (319-335-3060), or by speaking with a financial aid counselor in Room 208 Calvin Hall. The following information must be provided:
- Email Subject: Summer Change of Registration Notification
- Student's name
- UI ID number
- Student's email or phone number
- Course(s) the student will be withdrawing from or dropping
- Date the student anticipates entire withdrawal or dropping of individual course(s)
- If the student plans to enroll or is currently enrolled in a summer course that begins at a later date, include the course title and the start date of the course