Iowa's historic Old Capitol, a National Historic Landmark located on The University of Iowa Pentacrest, has been restored to reflect the years it served as the last capitol of the Iowa Territory, 1842-1846, and as the first state capitol, 1846-1857. Since 1857, it has been the central focus of The University of Iowa campus. Two rooms have been restored to reflect University occupancy. Other furnishings include appropriate items from the 1840s and 1850s. Guided tours and a video presentation are offered; reservations are required for group tours. For more information, visit the award-winning web site at www.uiowa.edu/~oldcap, write 24 Old Capitol, or call (319) 335-0548.