At the University of Iowa, fostering a climate of safety, support, and respect is an essential priority. We recognize that all of us—students, faculty, staff, and other members of our community—can achieve our best only in a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment.
The menu at right provides a guide to university resources that can help address a wide range of concerns—everything from personal safety to academic or employment issues. Know a resource we should add? Contact us with your suggestions.
The university's Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator provides information about reporting options, resources, and referrals in cases of sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking, and domestic violence. Learn more at osmrc.uiowa.edu.
The following emergency phone numbers can connect you with help right away:
- Report a police, fire, or medical emergency: 911
- UI Police non-emergency number: 319-335-5022
- Rape Victim Advocacy Program 24-hour Rape Crisis Line: 319-335-6000
- Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator: 319-335-6200 (Available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Domestic Violence Intervention Program: 800-373-1043
- Johnson County Crisis Center 24-hour Hotline: 319-351-0140
- UI Health Care 24-hour Nurseline: 319-384-8442
- UI Health Care Emergency Treatment Center: 319-356-2233
- Poison Control Center: 800-222-1222
- National Suicide Prevention 24-hour Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Student Health & Wellness: 319-335-8394 (8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday)
- University Counseling Service: 319-335-7294 (8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday)