Senior HR Leadership Representative
Role and Responsibilities
In addition to fulfilling the roles and responsibilities of Professional HR Unit Representatives, persons designated by their Dean/Vice President as the Senior HR Leadership Representative for the respective college/division are expected to fulfill the following role and responsibilities.
To lead the human resources function for a college/division; to represent the interests of the respective college/division in the creation of a campus HR vision and mission; to communicate and implement University HR practice and goals within the college/division.
Participate in the development and communication of strategic goals for campus; participate in the development of strategies to achieve agreed-upon goals.
- Advise Dean/Vice President on strategic and operational decisions impacting staff.
- Advise DEO’s and administrators regarding the role of unit representatives within units.
- Designate unit representatives and/or HR contacts within the college/division; share responsibility for the performance of unit representatives so designated.
- Advise University Human Resources on staff issues.
- Provide leadership through participation on various campus councils or committees.