HOW AN INDIVIDUAL USES THE DENTAL INSURANCE PLAN
Dental care under this plan can be obtained from any provider; however, there are advantages to using participating providers who have contracts with Delta Dental of Iowa, the dental insurance plan administrator. A list of plan providers may be accessed via the web at http://www.deltadentalia.com.
Participating providers will accept payment arrangements and file claims for you. Payment is made directly to these providers.
Nonparticipating providers have not agreed to accept Delta Dental’s payment arrangements. This means you are responsible for any difference between your dentist’s covered charges and the Delta allowance. These dentists are not responsible for filing your claims. Claims are settled directly with you and you are then responsible for making payment to your provider.
HOW MUCH AN INDIVIDUAL PAYS FOR DENTAL SERVICES
- Check Ups and Teeth Cleaning (Diagnostic and Preventative Services)
- Cavity Repair and Tooth Extractions (Routine and Restorative Services)
- Root Canals (Endodontic Services)
- Gum and Bone Diseases (Periodontal Services)
- High Cost Restorations (Cast Restorations)
- Dentures and Bridges (Prosthetics)
- Emergency Treatment for Pain
- General Anesthesia/Sedation Anesthesia or Analgesia
- Restoration of Decayed or Fractured Teeth
- Limited Occlusal Adjustment
- Routine Oral Surgery
- Antiobiotic Drug Injections
Coinsurance: 20 %
Benefit Period Maximum: $1,000
The benefit period is the same as a calendar year. It begins the day your coverage goes into effect and starts over each January 1. This is true for as long as you have coverage.
Who Can Be Covered for Dental Insurance
Coverage is available as:
- Employee Only;
- Employee and Spouse or Domestic Partner;
- Employee and Children;
- Employee and Family
Dual University of Iowa employed spouses/partners and any children may not double insure each other
or dependents under the plans where the University contributes towards the cost of the plans. This includes the health, dental, and AD&D insurance policies - an individual may only be included once under these policies.
Would you like more detailed information?
You may download the full dental insurance booklet (pdf) from our web site.