Workers' Compensation is a form of insurance that is provided to employees by the University. Approved claims for job-related injuries and illness entitle an injured employee to medical coverage related to the injuries at no cost, and a portion of his/her salary for work absences.
The University of Iowa is committed to providing a safe work environment for faculty and staff. The philosophy of the Workers’ Compensation Program is to treat injured employees with dignity and respect while managing the workers’ compensation claims. We make unbiased, lawful decisions based on the facts of each case. We observe the laws of the State of Iowa and our own internal policies to ensure that all parties are treated fairly.
This website is one resource to help ensure a safe environment and facilitate a smooth return to work when injuries occur.
- Treatment Locations for Injured Employees
- After an Injury: FAQ - Employee Information/Responsibilities
- After an Injury: FAQ - Supervisor Information/Responsibilities
- Prevention/Return to Work -- Information for Supervisors
- Contacts and Resources
- OSHA Logs and Information
- Workers' Compensation Glossary