UI Learning & Development
UI Learning and Development is the central resource for a numerous and varied professional development opportunities and services for the campus. These offerings, which are aligned with the University’s core values, include:
Courses and Current Offerings
- Discover a multitude of course offerings on a variety of topics including workplace effectiveness, leadership and management, personal development, technology issues, and health, safety, and wellness programming.
- Stay informed about upcoming events and resources by subscribing to the Learning and Development listserv – your electronic bulletin board!
- E-learning allows flexibility because you can access lessons and courses when it works for your schedule. Learn more about the e-learning opportunities available to support your professional and personal development on Learning and Development's E-Learning Programs website
- UI Learning and Development sponsors several targeted series for staff members right here on campus, with topics ranging from diversity to supervision to performance management, just to name a few.
Fee Assistance for Professional Development
- UI Learning and Development provides financial support for professional development opportunities that include tuition assistance for academic coursework, conference or workshop attendance, and even for-fee Learning and Development offerings.
- The Resource Center has hundreds of selections of topics ranging from leadership to personal enrichment. Check out is free for books, videos, and DVDs, and selections can be conveniently sent to you through the campus mail system.
Faculty Development Programs
A multitude of programs exist specifically for faculty to assist in both professional and career development here at the The University of Iowa.
Hospital Human Resources
Regarding professional development opportunities at The University Iowa Hospitals and Clinics please contact UI Health Care Human Resources or call 356-2008 for more information. Please visit UIHC Tuition Programs to learn more about the tuition assistance programs specifically for UIHC employees.
The mentoring website has been developed to assist individuals and organizations in learning more about mentoring opportunities on the University of Iowa campus and in the larger community.