The University of Iowa welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. If assistance is needed with completion of the application, our office staff can assist you either in person or by phone at 319-335-2656 or Iowa Toll Free at 800-272-6400.
Check to see if you are eligible to work in the United States: U.S. Employment Eligibility
Why UI? “Staff and Faculty Profiles" is a short video that profiles University of Iowa community members. Each member has a unique perspective of what it means to be a part of the University of Iowa.
(To view the video, click the play button once; it may take a few seconds for the video to start.)
The University of Iowa Employment Services office provides the following services to the UI campus and community:
- Advertisement of UI regents merit opportunities
- Acceptance of applications for UI regents merit positions
- Determination of the eligibility of applicants for UI regents merit positions
- Referral of applicants to UI regents merit positions
- Approval of all UI regents merit appointments
- Placement assistance to UI merit staff
- Support to UI departments in the application of the Regents Merit rules and the AFSCME collective bargaining agreement
- Coordination of the campus-wide Recruitment Ambassadors Program and,
- Provides UI employees career development advising as a free and confidential service to help University of Iowa employees achieve their personal career development goals within The University of Iowa