- ADA - Americans with Disabilities Act
- ADAA - Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008
- DAAF:E - Disability Accommodation Appeal Form: Employment. A form used by an employee to appeal a modified or denied accommodation request. This form is available from the employee’s HR rep or FSDS.
- Disability - A disability is a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, having a record of such impairment, or being regarded as having such an impairment.
- Essential Functions of a Job - the fundamental job duties, tasks, or responsibilities which, if eliminated, would substantially alter the nature of the job.
- EMJFA - Essential and Marginal Job Function Analysis. A document that identifies the essential and marginal functions of a job. It also includes information on the physical and mental requirements of the job.
- IDAD - Interactive Disability Accommodation Document. A form used to document the conversation between the employee with a disability and the department regarding reasonable accommodations.
- Major Life Activities - MLA’s are activities that most
people an average person in the general population can perform with little or no
difficulty. It includes activities such as:
- “Caring for oneself, performing manual tasks, seeing, hearing, eating, sleeping, walking, standing, sitting, reaching, lifting, bending, speaking, breathing, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, communicating, interacting with others, and working; and the operation of a major bodily function….”
- Marginal Function - Job duties, tasks, or responsibilities which, if eliminated, would not substantially alter the nature of the job.
- MIRF - Medical Information Request Form. A form used to gain better understanding of the way limitations are impacting an employee’s ability to do the essential functions of his/her job.
- Reasonable Accommodation - A modification to the work environment or processes that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job and/or perform the essential functions of the job that does not cause undue hardship on the employer.
- Substantially Limits - a limitation that limits the ability of an individual to perform a major life activity as compared to most people in the general population.
Page last updated December 2012