Applicable University Policy and Resources Regarding Leave
Departments may have practices related to use and application of leave. Please refer to any department practices, and contact Faculty Staff Disability Services for assistance with alignment with university policy or application.
The content of the University of Iowa Operations Manual addresses leaves for faculty and staff, however; staff covered by collective bargaining agreements may have benefits different from those described in university policy. Reference should be made to the current agreement for precise details.
- Paid Leave: (See also bargaining agreements)
- Paid leave (vacation, sick, funeral, family caregiving, parental leave, FMLA sick and vacation)
- Family Caregiving Leave Clarification (See also Chapter 23 for leave application and earned accruals)
- Extreme Weather
- Unpaid Leave: (See also bargaining agreements) Unpaid leave may be authorized by above policy and practice when paid leave accruals are not available. If absence reason is described above in paid leave, refer to the policy first before considering other unpaid absence..
- University Operations Manual policy
- Leave of absence as an ADA accommodation
Other Relevant Resources
- University Work Rules
- Regents Merit System Administrative Rules
- Class/Comp site classification information
- Worker’s Compensation
- Catastrophic Leave
Page last updated December 2012