Bone Marrow and Organ Donation
The University of Iowa provides time away from work for bone marrow and organ donation, and this is considered to be paid work time not charged to accruals. You may be eligible for up to 5 days of leave. for bone marrow donation, or up to 30 days for organ donation, in accordance with the Operations Manual policy. Please contact your HR Representative for more information.
- You have the right to take time away from work with paid leave for the above
defined organ donation.
- You are responsible for adhering to the Philosophy Statement on attendance and/or any departmental policy related to attendance.
- You may be required to provide medical documentation to support your reason
for absence. Typically the information required is
- Reason for absence (organ donation)
- Duration of leave required
- Intent to return to work at the end of absence
- You are responsible for utilizing the minimum amount of absence required for your needs.
- You are responsible for staying in contact with your supervisor to keep
him/her apprised of your absence, any changes, and your intent to return to
Page last updated December 2012