Healthy Sleep Resource Guide
The following web resources, books, articles and videos are for informational purposes only. We hope that you will find the information helpful as you work towards improving your sleep. To discuss your sleep concerns or to access additional resources, including sleep CD’s. Please contact the UI Faculty Staff Services/Employee Assistance Program at 335-2085 or e-mail at: EAPhelp@uiowa.edu.
On the Web: Links to Other Sleep Resources
- The Department of Health and Human Services “Your Guide to Healthy Sleep”
- Healthy Sleep, a website from Harvard University with extensive information about sleep, cause of sleeplessness and other resources.
- American Sleep Association is a national organization focusing on improving awareness of sleep benefits and problems.
- The National Institutes of Health’s Center on Sleep Disorders Research
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention info on sleep and sleep disorders
- Facts for Families describe Children’s Sleep Problems.
- CDC Control and Prevention addresses sleep and sleep disorders.
- A comprehensive information guide about sleep disorders: descriptions, symptoms, causes, treatments of various sleep disorders like sleep apnea, insomnia, snoring, restless legs and narcolepsy.
- Additional links and resources
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Sleep Disorders Clinic for University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics information
- For Veterans: Downloadable music to help with sleep and tips for other groups having trouble with sleep.
- Quiet Your Mind and Get to Sleep: Solutions to Insomnia for Those with Depression, Anxiety or Chronic Pain (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook) by Colleen Carney and Rachel Manber.
- Harvard Medical School Improving Sleep: A Guide to a Good Night's Rest by Lawrence Epstein M.D., Kathleen Cahill Allison , Scott Leighton , and Michael Linkinhoker.
- Overcoming Insomnia: A Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Approach Workbook (Treatments That Work) by Jack D. Edinger and Colleen E. Carney.
Sleep and Insomnia Video Clips:
- Huffington Post, Sleep and productivity
- Why Sleep Matters, Variety of videos and information on sleep
- The effects of sleep deprivation
If you would like to post or use as a handout, you may download a printable pdf of this page.
Page Last Updated January 2013