Is there someone who is making a positive difference in the results your workplace is achieving?
Nominate them for the IOWA - Improving Our Workplace Award!
Updated! Instructions/Examples for completing
the fillable Nomination form (pdf)
Application Deadlines: March 15 and November 1
Kaizens and Lean Processes are not
eligible for the IOWA
Questions? Call 335-2260 or email Candace Peters.
To recognize individuals and teams whose efforts demonstrate three of the four components:
- Measurable results
- Sustaining impact
Need assistance? Members of the IOWA Review Committee are available to assist you by receiving and giving feedback as you write your nomination!
Individuals and teams can be nominated at these levels of impact:
Nominated effort should show lasting positive results in at least one
of these areas:
(listed in alphabetical order)
- Community building and collaboration
- Customer satisfaction (students, clients, patients, employees, taxpayer, and parents)
- Development, preservation, or dissemination of knowledge
- Enhancing the student or patient experience
- Healthy working relationships and a supportive environment
- Outreach to community and state
- process improvement
- Project development (results not presently known)
- Staff development through mentoring
- Stewardship of University resources
- Nominate by November 1 or March 15
- Nominations may be written by yourself, a co-worker or supervisor -- supervisor or team sponsor signature is necessary.
- Review committee evaluates the nominations for suitability for the IOWA.
- Certificates for awardees are sent to supervisors for presentation in their areas.
- Annual reception is held in spring for both fall and spring awardees, supervisors and nominators. University leaders present IOWA lapel pins and publicly recognize the significant contributions of the IOWA awardees.
- Michael Alberhasky, Information Management-Finance and Operations, 121-15 USB
- Deb Bohlken, Nursing Services, 4JPE JPP
- Debra Henricks, College of Medicine Administration, 1213 MERF
- Deb Hoyle, College of Dentistry, N344 DSB
- Dana Lange, College of Public Health, E103 GH
- Candace Peters, Organizational Effectiveness, 121-50 USB
- Tom Persoon, Operational Improvement, C51-R-GH
- Mike Wright, Library Administration, ADMIN LIB
- Jeanne Stoakes, Iowa Summer Writing Festival, 215C SSH
- Jessie Trepanier, World Languages, Literature and Cultures, 111 PH
Page Last Updated April 2013