270 Day Check-In for New Supervisors
Are you aligned with key people in your area? To improve that alignment, the resource link has some suggestions.
- Manage the People Managing You |At the Whiteboard (video) March 2009
Ed Muzio, CEO, Group Harmonics
At this point it might be good to do a check in to see how well you are doing with some key questions from our Working@IOWA survey of employee satisfaction and engagement. How would your employees respond?
- I know what is expected of me in my job?
- My supervisor acknowledges me for doing good work.
- I receive regular feedback about my work.
- I am encouraged to participate in professional development.
Learn more about the survey from the resource link. Resources to help you improve in these areas are also listed.
- Working@IOWA survey final report (pdf)
- Workforce and Workload Planning Toolbox--Four things you can do:
Being a supervisor requires you to give to others. In order to give to others, you need to be refreshed periodically. UI Wellness offers resources to help with this.
Need some assistance in honing your supervisory skills? Check out UI Learning and Development offerings. Some employees need assistance to develop. UI resources to help those staff are listed in the resource links.