A request for approval of time away can be prepared using the online Absence Report available on the Employee Self Service web site or a specified departmental Absence Report Form.
Address and Name Change Information
This page provides information and guidelines for faculty, staff, retirees, students, former students and former employees to update or make changes to their name and address.
These forms should be used to correct previously submitted biweekly hours or to report time that was not submitted online or electronically.
- Biweekly Employee Time Record ( PDF version )
- Biweekly Employee Time Record -- Work Study ( PDF version )
Set up and maintain your direct deposit information for any bank(s) in the continental United States using the Employee Self Service web site for multiple direct deposit accounts or hard copy paper form for ONLY one direct deposit account.
- Employee Self Service ( Online Version )
- Direct Deposit Form ( PDF version )
- Multiple Direct Deposit FAQs
This form is for faculty appointed on a fiscal year basis and Professional and Scientific staff members employed in departments who have elected to report sick leave and vacation usage in terms of days.
- Election to Transfer Sick Leave to Vacation ( PDF version )
Employee Eligibility Verification (I-9)
Departments with new hires and rehires beginning employment on or after April 1, 2010, must complete the I-9 form electronically using I-9 eXpress. The I-9 must be completed with in the first three days of paid employment. Please refer to the Faculty and Staff Immigration Services website for more information.
This form will be reviewed by the Payroll Office to determine if the situation describes services by an Independent Contractor, or more closely resembles a request for employee-type services.
- Independent Contractor Information Form ( PDF version )
These monthly time records are categorized by job classification.
- Merit Leave and Pay Adjustment Records -- ( PDF version )
- P and S / Non-exempt Leave and Pay Adjustment Record -- ( PDF version )
- P and S / SEIU / Fiscal Faculty Leave Record -- ( PDF version )
- Academic Faculty Leave Record -- ( PDF version )
This page provides guidelines for Faculty, Staff, Retirees, Students and former Students to make changes to name and address.
Permission to release your payroll information to the individuals or agencies that you approve.
- Information Release Form ( PDF version )
The process for making an independent contractor payment to an individual who is providing a service to the University of Iowa and who is using a social security number or an individual tax identification number (ITIN) was converted to an electronic process. Please refer to our notice web site for more information.
The paper Payroll Voucher form should only be used when paying an individual for a service, who does not have or will not provide either a valid social security number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). It should also be used for making payments of $5,000 or more to individuals providing a service and receiving payment on a social security number (or ITIN), who are not employed by or associated with The University of Iowa, who may be working under a consultant or contractual agreement, or who are independent contractors.
- Payroll Voucher Form ( PDF version )
- A completed FNIS (Foreign National Information System) form is REQUIRED for ALL foreign visitors to our campus. The department must provide Payroll with an email address for the foreign visitor prior to his/her arrival. Payroll will send a questionnaire directly to the visitor to gather immigration information. Please be aware that failure to supply the recipient’s e-mail address or failure to complete the questionnaire may delay the payment. Payroll will wait a maximum of 2 weeks for the questionnaire to be returned via email. If we do not receive a response, the Payroll Office will withhold taxes at the maximum rates to ensure compliance with state and federal law.
- Compliance Statement ( PDF version ) REQUIRED if foreign visitor is coming in visa waiver (vw) or B visa status. If submitting an e-Pro Services Voucher, print the completed form and attach the Compliance Statement electronically. If submitting a paper Payroll Voucher, complete and print the Compliance Statement, attach it to the Payroll Voucher.
- W-8BEN "Certificate
of Foreign Status of
Beneficial Owner for
United States Tax Withholding" ( link to IRS publication ) REQUIRED for ALL nonresident alien foreign visitors to our campus and/or foreign nationals doing all work outside the U.S.. If submitting an e-Pro Services Voucher, print the completed form and attach the W-8BEN electronically. If submitting a paper Payroll Voucher, complete and print the W-8BEN, and attach it to the Payroll Voucher.
- link to IRS instructions for W-8BEN ( link to IRS publication)
- Form W-9 "Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification" ( link to IRS publication) REQUIRED only for visitors who are Lawful Permanent Residents and resident aliens. If submitting an e-Pro Services Voucher, print the completed form and attach the W-9 form electronically. If submitting a paper Payroll Voucher, complete and print the W-9 form, and attach it to the Payroll Voucher.
- link to IRS W-9 form and instructions ( link to IRS publication)
A withholding allowance certificate is required to be completed for the state in which you perform the services for The University of Iowa.
- Federal W-4 Withholding Form ( link to IRS publication )
- Iowa W-4 Withholding Form ( link to Iowa publication )
- Illinois W-4 Withholding Form (Illinois residents MUST also file an "Employee's Statement of Nonresidence in Iowa") ( link to IRS publication )
- Employee's Statement of Nonresidence in Iowa (Illinois residents only) ( link to IRS publication )