- Monthly payroll cutoffs are 4 business days from the end of the month. Please make sure all departmental transaction forms as well as employee forms, such as W-4 Forms and Direct Deposit Forms, are submitted prior to this time to be effective for the payroll. Monthly payday is the first working day of the month.
- Biweekly payroll is run every other Thursday. Please make sure time records are submitted by the Wednesday before. Biweekly payday is every other Tuesday.
- Wage and earnings statements can be viewed and printed from your self service site. Select View Paycheck History under the Personal Tab on the HR Self Service Site to view and print your statements.
- Please review your W-4 withholding periodically. If you have had any life changes, such as marriage or birth of a child, these may have an effect on your tax withholding. If you claim exempt on Form W-4 you MUST complete a new form by February 15 of every year.
- State tax withholding is based on the state in which the work is performed. If you are a resident of another state (other than Iowa or Illinois) but working in Iowa, you should complete an Iowa W-4 withholding form.
- The University of Iowa W-2 forms will be available in January of each year. You have the option of either receiving these forms electronically or by mail. By electing the electronic version your Social Security number is not being sent through the US Mail. If you elect electronic delivery you will have access to your form approximately one week before the forms are mailed. The IRS allows for electronic delivery of W-2 forms if permission is given. To do this check the appropriate box on the Self Service Web Site. Select “Stop Paper Mailings” under the General Section of the Personal Tab on the HR Self Service Site. If you consented to receive your form electronically for the prior year, the consent will remain unless you change it.
- If you have more than one employer and have supplemental retirement deductions from both employers, you will want to be aware of the limit amounts.
- Please refer to the FAQs on the Payroll website for additional payroll information.
- Contacts - Questions regarding payroll issues can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org for U.S. Citizens email@example.com for non U.S. Citizens