Job Placement and Career Advising
- Jobs@Uiowa: The University of Iowa on-line job resource for staff and faculty (http://jobs.uiowa.edu).
- Employment Services: : Merit employment opportunities and assessment. 319-335-2656.
- Furlough Networking Program: Assistance with University of Iowa job placement for non-organized Professional and Scientific staff. 319-335-5298 http://www.uiowa.edu/hr/classcomp/furlough/furloughnetwork.html
- Free Career Development Advising: Resume development, practice interviews and career coaching. 319-335-2664 or email@example.com
- Pomerantz Career Center: University of Iowa and community career resources for current UI students or UI alumni. http://www.careers.uiowa.edu/guide.html or http://www.careers.uiowa.edu/
- Iowa Workforce Development: Resume development and interview preparation, job search and placement assistance, skills and interest assessment, and labor market research. 319-351-1035 or http://www.iowaworkforce.org/
- Dislocated Worker Program through Kirkwood Community College to include assistance in developing your job search plan and access to many employment resources. 319-398-5105 in Iowa City, 319-354-2272 in Cedar Rapids.
- Free Financial Counseling Consultation provided as a referral through the Employee Assistance Program. 319-335-2085 or EAPhelp@uiowa.edu
- Iowa Workforce Development: Unemployment insurance benefits. 319-351-1035 or www.iowaworkforce.org
Personal Well-Being and Development
- Faculty and Staff Services/Employee Assistance Program: Free confidential counseling services for you and your family. 319-335-2085 or EAPhelp@uiowa.edu
- SkillSoft Online Training: Free online courses for continuing education and skill development. Online access through University Employee Self-Service.
- University Human Resources: Employment Services and Benefits. 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. M-F, 120 University Services Building.
- University Libraries: Main Library and Hardin Health Sciences Library during normal hours of operation.
- Your local public library
Career Advising and Job Placement: Web Resources
- http://www.corridorcareers.com - Cedar Rapids/Iowa City
- http://www.iowava.org/ Veterans Affairs resources
- http://www.iowajobs.net - Des Moines
- http://jobs.uiowa.edu/ - University of Iowa jobs
Local Staffing Agencies
The following are local staffing agencies that you may wish to contact regarding possible temporary work. The contract for work would be between you and the staffing agency.
- Kelly Services http://www.kellyservices.com/web/global/services/en/pages/index.html
- Management Recruiting International Inc. http://www.rbmri.com/
- Manpower http://www.manpower.com/
- Labor Ready http://www.laborready.com/
- Management Recruiters of Iowa City http://www.mriowacity.com/
- Westaff www.westaff.com
- Office Team www.officeteam.com
- Skywalk Group www.skywalkgroup.com
Last Updated April 2012