Resources and Related Links
Reporting Threats on Campus:
If you see any of the warning signs or experience any type of threatening behavior, contact the Threat Assessment Team (TAT) immediately.
During normal business hours, please contact:
- Lieutenant Peter Berkson at 384-2787, or
- Jane Caton, Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC), at 384-2955
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (TAT will respond as soon as possible, typically within 24 hours of the initial contact).
If you wish to report an incident outside of normal business hours:
- The University of Iowa Department of Public Safety at 335-5022
- The University of Iowa Public Safety
- Iowa City Police Department
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Security
- Behavior Risk Management
- Division of Student Services
- Emergency Procedures
- General Counsel
- Operations Manual
- Workplace Consultation
- The Gift of Fear (this book is available for check-out in the Learning & Development Resource Center)
- Safety Suggestions for Women and Men
- RVAP (Rape Victim Advocacy Program)
- NPR Radio - Talk of the Nation - "Threat Assessment Teams Try to Predict Violence"
(interviews with Gregory Eells, Cornell University Threat Assessment Team and Gene Deisinger, Virginia Tech's Threat Management Services)
If you have questions, concerns, or need more information please e-mail us at email@example.com