Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I start?
- What is the cost?
- What is included with my entry?
- What do I have to do be reimbursed $15 at the end of the program?
- Where do I enter my Employee ID number?
- How will Live Healthy Iowa know that I am a University of Iowa employee?
- Who can receive the $15 reimbursement?
- Can Non-UI Employees still be on UI teams?
- What if I am on a team with others who are not UI Employees?
- Do I have to be on a University of Iowa team to be reimbursed?
- How will Live Healthy Iowa know that I am a University of Iowa team?
Form a team of 2-10 co-workers and nominate a Team Captain. Register at www.livehealthyiowa.org.
- Collect $15 or $20 registration fee (amount dependent on if coupon code is still available) from teammates. The Team Captain needs to pay for the entire team with one credit card. Tip: Collect program fee from teammates prior to registering!
- Obtain full name, email address, and t-shirt size from your teammates.
- Get your discount code from Hy-Vee (PDF).
- Go to http://www.livehealthyiowa.org/. It asks for GROUP REGISTRATION CODE. Insert LHIUIOWA.
- You will then be prompted for your team captain information, division you want to participate in (weight loss and/or activity), and your teammate's name, email, and t-shirt size. (Their email will be their user name, so be sure to spell their email address correctly.)
- It will ask for a ‘promo code' before the credit card transaction is complete. This is where you enter the Hy-Vee Coupon information.
- You will then be asked for your credit card information.
- An automatically generated email will be sent to all team members with their username and password.
- Once you register, you will update your profile for magazine selection and insert your Employee ID.
(You must insert your Employee ID in your profile page to be reimbursed $15 at the end of the program-PLEASE BE VERY CLEAR WITH ALL YOUR TEAMMATES REGARDING THIS!! YOUR EMPLOYEE ID IS NOT FOUND ON YOUR UNIVERSITY NAME BADGE BUT FOUND ON SELF-SERVICE. Instructions for your Employee ID can be found at www.uiowa.edu/hr/wellness/livehealthy/emplid_selfservice.pdf
**Non-UI teammate can use "friend" for this field**
There is a $20 per person registration fee.
A $5 coupon will be available from Hy-Vee for a discounted registration fee.
Additionally UI Wellness will reimburse $15 to UI employees (in 50% or greater, regular positions) who submit data on at least 8 weeks of the program. (IRS considers reimbursement taxable income regardless of the amount.)
- A Free one year subscription to a lifestyle magazine upon logging on to your personal dashboard.
- Live Healthy Iowa T-Shirt
- Coupon book with $500 of savings at Hy-Vee and other statewide merchants
- UI Wellness supportive emails and opportunities like fitness classes, motivational talks, and prizes
You must submit either minutes of activity and/or weight on at least 8 weeks of the program. At program completion, UI Wellness will receive a list of all registered UI Employees and the number of week’s data was entered. UI Wellness will automatically reimburse successful participants on their June 1, 2013 paycheck. Employee ID must be entered at registration to receive reimbursement. This reimbursement is only available to employees in a 50% or greater, regular position - it does not include student or temporary employees.
You will enter your Employee ID number with registration. This number is 7 characters and can be found on Self Service. See instructions here (PDF). DO NOT ENTER YOUR UNIVERSITY NUMBER WHICH IS ON THE BACK OF BADGES AND BEGINS WITH 000.
After your team captain creates a team and registers with the University of Iowa Start Code (LHIUIOWA), you will receive an email with your login information. When you login to create your profile, you will enter your Employee ID in the Employee ID field. Spouses and friends on the team who are not UI Employees can check the box next to the field ‘Check here if you are a family member of an employee’.
You must submit either minutes of activity and/or weight on at least8weeks of the program. Any UI Employee in a 50% or greater, regular position who submits their Employee ID at registration will be reimbursed and meets the requirement of submitting minutes and/or weight. This does not include student and temporary employees.
Yes-but they will not receive $15 reimbursement at program completion. When non-UI employees register, they will type in ‘friend’ instead of an Employee-ID.
Encourage your team to register as a UI Team (see next question). They will receive motivational emails and help us compete against Iowa State and University of Northern Iowa in weight loss and minutes of activity!
Yes-Identifying you are on a UI Team enables the system to prompt you for your Employee ID number. (Employee ID number must be submitted with Registration to be reimbursed.)
When team captains are registering, enter LHIUIOWA as the Start Code to be counted as a University’s team.