Lifestyles: Healthy by Choice, not by Chance
Download/Print Flyer (pdf)
Wednesdays, February 6 - April 17, 2013. 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center.
If you are interested in learning more about Lifestyles to support your weight management efforts, call 353-2973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org OR attend an informational session to learn more about the program. The info sessions are FREE and drop-ins are welcome.
- Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:00 p.m. > Rescheduled to 1/31/13 due to weather.
- Thursday, January 31, 3013 12:15 p.m.
Program Fee: Program is FREE for UI Faculty/Staff members who are working with a Health Coach through the liveWELL program and meet the criteria for referral to Lifestyles. Program is $400 for those who are not working with a Health Coach; still must meet program criteria (BMI > 30).
The Lifestyles Adult Weight Management Program is ten weeks designed to develop skills for sustainable weight management. It includes:
- Accountability to nutrition and physical activity
- Classes and Group discussions focused on:
- Basic nutrition
- Emotional aspects of eating
- Changing habits
- Manage challenging situations
- Motivation and support
- Shopping skills
- Structured Physical Activity time to introduce a variety of exercise and forms in the CRWC
- Classes Led by registered dietitian, exercise specialist, and health coach
- Follow-up contacts for motivation and support.