Human Resources - UI Wellness
UI Wellness Internship/Practicum Program
Guidelines/Requirements for Applicants
- Preference given to students with experience and/or coursework in health promotion or health related field
- Interns are expected for one semester commitment
Practicum time commitment=course credit
Internship=flexible based upon student/program needs
*Time requirements will be reviewed with supervising faculty and adjusted if necessary
- Office hours are required but flexible.
- Business casual attire is expected during office hours
- Positive health habits are expected during practicum/internship commitment
- This is an unpaid practicum/internship. No stipends, meals, or dormitory housing is available. Local housing information is available at http://www.uiowa.edu/homepage/hub/housing/
The UI Wellness Experience
- Each experience is tailored to best fit each student’s personal interest in health promotion. One major project will be the cornerstone of the practicum/internship experience.
Examples of areas that a student may participate in:
How to apply for UI Wellness Practicum
- Complete the:
- Application (download pdf Application Form);
- Cover letter (include specific goals and objectives);
- Resume (include GPA and course highlights); and
- Three references (academic and professional).
- Fall consideration -- application must be received by May 3.
- Spring consideration -- application must be received by November 15.
Submit electronically to:
Subject: UI Wellness Practicum/Internship
Or mail to:
The University of Iowa-UI Wellness
c/o Erin Litton
E119 Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
309 S. Madison Street
Iowa City, IA 52242