Team Building and Meeting Facilitation Techniques
Course # 383
Building a trusting environment is the foundation of team building. We’ll cover the series of skills and processes essential to a high-functioning team and ways to incorporate them into the workplace. Often times, team results are produced during meetings. Expanding on our team-building discussion, we’ll explore ways to plan and conduct effective meetings, and the techniques to improve participation and commitment among meeting participants.
- Identifying ways to utilize innate talents and tendencies to enhance group collaboration.
- Exploring elements of high-performing teams that can be applicable to workgroup teams.
- Tools and strategies to meet common challenges to team performance.
- Structuring for Outcomes: purpose, critical components of improved agenda planning, etc.
- Strategies for respecting people’s time before, during, and after meetings.
- The Manager as Facilitator: Skills for overcoming barriers to participation and focusing the discussion.
- Strategies for addressing bad meeting behaviors: non-productive individual and group behaviors that arise during meetings.
- Recognize key team-building principles that support organizational effectiveness.
- Address key skills you can use to better plan and conduct effective meetings.
- Understand the distinction between "managing the task" and "managing the people" during a meeting.
Participants (audience course is aimed at):
Advanced Management Series participants.