Improving Business Processes Using Lean
Course # 610
The UI is actively engaged in improving business processes. This effort has integrated principles of Lean to reduce waste and improve customer service. Managers and supervisors are a critical component to help initiate and implement those improvements.
The improvements are aimed at improving quality, response time, security and effectively using technology and decreasing unnecessary steps and effort. This course will provide managers and supervisors with a general overview of the Lean process improvement methodology, what tools are available and how to apply them within the workplace.
- Describe the principles and benefits of Lean
- Provide an in-depth description of the Lean process improvement environment
- Emphasize the important role management plays in the application of Lean
- Identify forms of waste
- Share tools available and how they are used
- Participate in a hands-on exercise utilizing one of the tools
- Share successes here at the University
Participants (audience course is aimed at):
Managers & supervisors