Shifting Gears - Strategies for Pre-Retirees
Course # 655
This is an exciting — and potentially scary — time in your life. As you get closer to retirement, there are so many details to consider. Are you ready to stop working? Do you know what you'll do to fill your time? Have you saved enough money? How much is enough? What about Social Security and other options for creating income? This class will help you shift gears as you plan to embark on the longest vacation of your life!
- Retirement income planning
- Social security
- Retirement savings
Objectives (At the end of this course participants will be able to):
- Identify key risk factors to consider and plan for before making the decision to retire.
- Utilize basic methodologies to calculate retirement income needs.
- Understand the various income sources – known and unknown – that will contribute to a successful retirement.
- Make informed decisions on timing and strategies for electing retirement benefits, including social security, defined benefits, annuities, and drawing from other pools of assets.
Participants (audience course is designed for):
Any university employee within 10 years of retirement. Typically age 50+.