What is a Webinar?
A webinar is a real-time E-Learning and web collaboration environment that expands the boundaries of the traditional classroom. Participants enrolled in the training session may participate in an instructor-led course on their computer without leaving their workstation! The product that is used to deliver a webinar to your desktop is Elluminate.
What is Elluminate?
Elluminate, an e-learning product, is sponsored by ITS and allows you to listen and participate in an instructor-led class right from your desktop!
How is Elluminate being incorporated in UI Learning & Development training?
Have you ever wanted to take a Learning & Development course but were concerned about the time it took to get to and from class? Now, Learning & Development is offering some courses using Elluminate. In upcoming newsletters, you will see several courses designated as a webinar. This means it’s possible to either access the course from your desktop OR attend in the USB training room. The USB training room is equipped with the technology to aid in delivering this e-learning experience to your computer!
How do I Register in a Webinar?
To enroll in the instructor-led class which is also offered as a webinar:
- Log onto self-service
- Select the “Personal” tab
- Locate the “My Training” link listed under “Learning & Development”
- Select "Available Sessions and Series"
- Select the course name and enroll.
- If you want to participate in this course as a webinar: Email Bruce Drummond and indicate the name and date of the course. You will receive specific information regarding the webinar!
What are the system requirements?
Minimum System Requirements
View the the Minimum System Requirements at: http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8336.
Java Web Start Software
Java Web Start software is required to launch into an Elluminate Live! session. The installation of Java Web Start is a one-time process that does not need to be repeated. Please complete the download and installation before your first session.
- The link to the required software is available at: http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8336.
- Java Web Start can also be obtained directly from Sun Microsystems at: http://java.com/
If you would like to test your connection and set-up, please call Bruce Drummond at 335-5186.
For technical support visit: http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8336.
Tips on Participating in Elluminate Live!
View the" Elluminate Live! V8 "Participant Quick Reference Guide" (pdf file) with tips on participating in Elluminate Live! sessions.