Presentations: Setting the Stage for a Powerful Delivery
Course # 435
In this brief session you will learn some helpful skills and tools that will lend credibility and excitement to your presentations. We will discuss things to keep in mind as you develop the content of your presentation, as well as some things you can do to make your presentation more robust and memorable.
- The value and purpose of a ‘hook’ to draw in your audience
- How to develop your message and connect with the audience
- Presentation pitfalls
- Top 10 PowerPoint tips
Objectives: (At the end of this course participants will be able to):
- Effectively use PowerPoint to support your message and connect with your audience.
- Avoid or manage common presentation pitfalls.
- Use presentation and public speaking tools to enhance your message.
Participants (audience course is designed for):
This course is intended for any university employee who wants to learn more about the fundamental elements of presentation design and delivery.