Understanding the Social Media Landscape
Course # 601
In this session, we will explore some of the vast array of social media tools available for personal and workplace use. We will identify ways that new social media users can begin to ‘dip their toes in the water’ of the social media ocean, and how to be a savvy user of social media. There will also be an overview of social media basics, future trends, as well as best practices and pitfalls.
- Why social media is important, and why you should care.
- The four C’s of social media engagement: Content, Collaboration, Community and Cumulative
- Social media best practices.
- Getting started with social media.
Objectives: (At the end of this course participants will be able to)
- Have a better understanding of social media terminology.
- Have a better understanding of social media taxonomy.
- Begin using social media with more comfort.
- Explain the value of social media in the workplace.
Participants: (audience course is designed for)
This session is intended for individuals who are newer to social media and social media tools, but who want to begin to understand social media better, and learn how it can be harnessed for use at work.