Safe Zone Training (Phase II)
Course # 648
Second in a series of two trainings to become a recognized ally for the LGBTQ community.
Promoting inclusion, acceptance and support to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered (LGBT) people in the University community.
Objectives: (At the end of this course participants will be able to)
- Develop self-awareness by examining personal knowledge and feelings about lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, and queer (LGBTQ) individuals.
- Examine ally attributes and development of issues faced by LGBTQ people.
- Enhance communication skills with regards to homophobia, transphobia, and heterosexism.
- Examine homophobia, transphobia, and heterosexism within ourselves and how to constructively change these attitudes and behaviors.
- Explore opportunities on how to become an ally and create safe zones.
- Put new knowledge into action and activism for the LGBTQ communities.
Participants: (audience course is designed for)
All staff, faculty and students