liveWELL, an initiative from UI Wellness (a unit of Human Resources), is a comprehensive wellness program for staff and faculty.
- Receive an annual award of up to $65 for completing the 15-minute survey
*Take a Stand! Risks associated with being sedentary at work
*Featured Apps for Better Health
* Meet the monthly liveWELL $500 Winners!
Congratulations! The University of Iowa was named a Gold Level Well Workplace by the Wellness Council of America in October 2011 and a Fit Friendly Company by the American Heart Association in 2012!
UI Health and Productivity Team (L to R): JoAnn Miller, Erin Litton, Megan Moeller, Bethany Kaplan, Jennifer Montgomery, Nicole Studt, Joni Troester, Carla Melby, Ruth Hurlburt, Amy Edeker, Maggie Moore, Jean O'Donovan.
- How Coaching Works - View a 4-minute YouTube video from Wellcoaches (R) about the process of Health Coaching.
UI regular employees appointed at 50% time or greater and House Staff are eligible to participate in liveWELL. Read more in our FAQ section....
There is no cost to get started! In fact, by making lifestyle improvements as a result of the liveWELL process, significant health care cost savings can be seen. For completing an online Personal Health Assessment (PHA), you will receive a cash incentive. The incentive will be added to your pay check the month after you complete the PHA*.
liveWELL helps you identify key health indicators that may lead to more serious health conditions. liveWELL staff work with you to create reasonable, attainable goals for personal health improvement. The goals of this program are to:
- Help you identify any specific health issues you may face now or in the future;
- Develop an action plan to set personal goals for maintaining a healthy lifestyle;
- Support you in your pursuit of healthy living;
- Support your relationship with your Primary Care Provider.
liveWELL is a voluntary program.
All information provided will remain confidential.
Visit our "Get Started" page for all of the steps you need to begin this program today.
* The IRS considers any monetary incentive or gift card given to an employee as cash equivalents which should be included in the employee's taxable income regardless of the amount. The montary incentive given to you for completing the Personal Health Assessment will be reported to the Payroll Office the month you complete the PHA and reflected in your next month's pay check.
** An employee may only earn the annual incentive or monthly $500 drawing one time per calendar year.