Why should I participate in liveWELL?
Everyone can do something to improve his or her health whether you are a picture of perfect health or live with a chronic illness. You may participate in this program no matter where you place yourself along the health spectrum.
Benefits to University of Iowa employees
- To help identify any specific health issues you may face now or in the future by completing a Personal Health Assessment
- The ability to improve communications with your health care provider by sharing summary information from your Personal Health Assessment personalized report
- Depending on health indicators that are identified in the Personal Health Assessment, you may qualify to meet one-on-one with a Health Coach to create reasonable, attainable, individual health goals
- By completing the Personal Health Assessment, you will receive a monetary incentive of up to $65 each calendar year,* as well as be entered in a monthly drawing for $500.**
Benefits to the University of Iowa as an organization
- Faculty and staff health improvement
- Culture that supports people as our most important asset
- Improved recruitment and retention
- Cost savings through management of health care utilization and health care costs
- Performance improvement by eliminating many health risks that are barriers to effective work
- Collaboration with campus experts/internal resources
* The IRS considers any monetary incentive or gift card given to an employee as cash equivalents which should be included in the employee's taxable income regardless of the amount. Any cash incentives given to you for completing the Personal Health Assessment will be reported to the Payroll Office the month you complete the PHA and reflected in your next month's pay check.
** An employee may only win the $500 drawing one time per calendar year.