Personal Health Assessment
Receive up to $65 for completing the Personal Health Assessment (PHA) each calendar year. A monthly drawing for $500 will be held each month for those who have completed their PHA!**
** Access your PHA via Employee Self-Service. When you get to this screen, the PHA is the survey in the upper left corner titled "Quality Health Survey." **
The Personal Health Assessment (PHA) survey tool consists of valid and reliable questions related to individual lifestyle practices and health history factors that have the highest impact on individual health, and biometric measures to determine health status. Lifestyle questions focus on exercise, nutrition, diabetes risk, smoking, alcohol, stress, well-being and chronic health conditions. Additionally, the PHA addresses a person’s “readiness to change” that allows for development of tailored interventions to meet specific needs. Some questions relate to how improved health status can lead to increased work performance.
The PHA should take 15-20 minutes to complete and you may do so during work time. If you need to exit the survey before you reach the end, the program will save your answers for 14 days.
Below are four questions taken directly from the Personal Health Assessment.
- When is the last time you had a dental exam?
- Never (or more than 5 yrs ago)
- Within the last 6 months
- Within the last year
- Within the last 2 years
- Within the last 5 years
- In general, would you say your health is:
- Very Good
- Do you have any of the following diseases or conditions?
- Diabetes Mellitus 1 (juvenile onset)
- Diabetes Mellitus 2 (adult onset)
- Immune Disease
- Do you eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day (a serving is 1/2 cup of cooked vegetables, 1 cup raw vegetables, 1 cup of salad, a piece of fruit or 3/4 cup of 100% fruit juice)?
- No, and I do not intend to in the next 6 months
- No, but I intend to in the next 6 months
- No, but I intend to in the next 30 days
- Yes, I have been, but for less than 6 months
- Yes, I have been for more than 6months
Upon completing the PHA, you will receive an individualized report that identifies your level of risk in a number of areas related to health risks and lifestyle. The report provides you with recommendations for health improvement, based on your level of risk and readiness to make behavioral changes. Additionally, it will direct you to local resources to seek additional information.
Upon completing the PHA, you will be contacted by UI Wellness if your answers indicated that you're ready to make a health-related lifestyle change.
Your PHA answers will be stored on a secure system that resides with our third party vendor, Quality Health Solutions. Quality Health Solutions will not know how to identify you, the user, therefore they will not be able to contact you or use your personal information; their PHA product is HIPAA compliant. PHA data will be reported in aggregate format only. Limited UI Wellness staff will have administrative access to individual and aggregate information. At the beginning of the PHA, there is an "Acknowledgement of Use" statement that reviews confidentiality and also states that by taking the survey, UI Wellness staff are allowed to contact you. Information will be provided to other health care providers only with your written consent.
Individual health information will not be reviewed with you or others without your specific consent. (Review our privacy practice notice.)
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information about the Personal Health Assessment.
* The IRS considers any monetary incentive or gift card given to an employee as cash equivalents which should be included in the employee's taxable income regardless of the amount. Any cash incentive for completing the Personal Health Assessment will be reported to the Payroll Office the month you complete the PHA and reflected in your next month's pay check.
** An employee may only earn the monetary incentive or $500 drawing one time per calendar year.