Looking forward, our future demands cultivating new leaders, enhancing our strengths and discovering opportunities, and embracing shared responsibility.
Gifts from UI alumni and friends provide essential support for all University of Iowa missions, especially in tough economic times.
Despite an uneven economic recovery, the University of Iowa Foundation—the preferred channel for gifts to the University—saw one of its best fund-raising years ever, a testament to donors’ generosity:
- UI Foundation outright and deferred gifts for fiscal year 2010: $169.9 million
- Gifts made directly to the University: $21 million
- Total gifts to the Foundation and the University in 2010: $190.6 million
- Number of UI Foundation contributors: 73,332, up 10,000 from fiscal year 2009
- Total number of UI Foundation gifts: 119,706, nearly 17 percent higher than 2009
Learn more from the UI Foundation's annual report.