Staff Council Mission
The Council supports the University mission. In pursuing that mission, the Council seeks to advance such endeavors through visibly active staff participation/involvement both campus-wide and community-wide in a spirit of unity and open communication with other shared governance organizations on campus.
The goals of the Council are to:
- Advocate on behalf of represented staff
- Advise the University Administration on policies
- Inform the University community of the activities of the Council
- Promote University relations within the community of Iowa City and the State of Iowa
- Collaborate with shared governance organizations on campus, notably the Faculty
- Senate, Student Government and organizational shared governance groups
- Promote staff learning through professional development and awards
- Promote communication and shared governance among staff, central administration, Faculty Senate and Student Government
Archived Meetings and Agendas
There are no upcoming events.