University Communication and Marketing is the central voice of the university and takes the lead in developing effective outreach and communications strategies. We focus on high-value products and services that increase public goodwill and support for the university and reflect the goals outlined in the university’s strategic plan.
Our creative staff works together to tell the stories of the students, staff, and faculty who make the University of Iowa an extraordinary place.
- Create and implement UI messages through public relations, marketing/branding, and strategic communications.
- Anticipate and provide counsel for UI responses to public issues and crises.
- Develop and produce compelling high-value materials across the full range of public relations/communications media, tailored for various internal and external audiences.
- Offer public relations expertise and resources to colleges and units across campus.
- Act as a central clearinghouse for general information about the university for internal and external audiences.