Selling of Registered Vehicles

Departments wishing to surplus non-motorized (trailers) or motorized vehicles will need to do the following procedures.

  • Contact Risk Management office and request a release of the title to the vehicle. The business office will then send the title with the proper release forms to the department.
  • The department will then file a surplus removal request with the surplus department through work-flow.
  • Surplus will then contact the department representative and arrange for the delivery of the vehicle or trailer to surplus. When the vehicle is delivered the title with the proper release signatures, the damage disclaimer form and all relevant manuals and materials associated with the vehicle along with all keys and will be turned over to the surplus representative.
  • When the sale is complete surplus will notify the department of the sale of the vehicle and what it sold for. The department will then contact the business office with this information.

Services Finance and Operations Business Services Employee Self-Service UI A-Z Search