Things to Know About Adding
- Once a class has started, seat availability is no longer accurately indicated on ISIS.
- Check ISIS, the department office, or see the instructor for information on waitlists.
- Attend possible classes the first day.
- Ask your adviser for suggestions.
- For courses that start after the semester has begun, you can continue to use ISIS for adds and drops.
How late is too late?
- The add deadline is on the Registrar’s web page and on your ISIS Enrollment Summary.
- $12 charge for each drop or add after two weeks of the semester have passed.
- Students who have not begun attending a class until late in the second week may find the instructor is concerned about adding them.
Is it ever possible to add after the deadline?
- It’s worth asking, but permission may not be given.
- Students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences may go to 120 SH to request permission to add late.
- For Health and Physical Activity Skills classes, such requests should be made in the department Office, E-213 FH.
What about changing sections?
- The adviser’s signature is not required.
- The instructors’ signatures are required.
- Can change sections at any point in the semester.
What about taking more than 18 sh?
- On the first day of the semester, take the completed add slip to 120 SH to request special permission.
- Turn the slip in at the Registrar's Service Center, 17 Calvin.
Do I get a receipt after I add a course to show that
I'm really registered for it?
- When you turn in your add or drop form at the Registrar's Service Center, you will get a dated printout that shows your new schedule as of that date.
- Check this printout before you leave the Center.
- Keep it in a safe place until the end of the semester grades are posted in case there is any confusion about your registration.