TSGT Annaliza L. Monteiro
TSgt Annaliza Monteiro is currently the NCOIC, Knowledge Operations Management for Detachment 255, Air Force ROTC at The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. She is in-charge of the overall management of information and operations life-cycle. She is also responsible for providing support to the Commander as well as the cadets.
She is originally from the Philippines and was raised as an Air Force dependent traveling the world with her family from the Philippines to Germany. She is a graduate of the DODD school in Augsburg High School, Germany. Following in her fatherís footsteps Sgt Monteiro enlisted in the Air Force in August of 1996, her first duty assignment was Moody Air Force Base, GA where she helped with the draw downs of 4 different squadrons. She was instrumental in processing over 2000 Awards and Decorations and OPRs/EPRs. She was also instrumental in retiring 4 Squadrons Offices of Records so much so that she was moved to the 347th Operations Group to help retire all of the squadrons that were de-activating, retiring and processing their offices of records.
Prior to her assignment to Iowa, Sgt Monteiro was stationed at Nellis AFB, NV, where she was the NCOIC, Commander Support Staff and NCOIC, Protocol United States Air Force Warfare Center. As the NCOIC of protocol, she advised over 40 organizations on proper protocol arrangement. She was the first ever NCOIC, Commander Support Staff of the 505th Operations Group at the Combined Air and Space Operation Center-Nellis (CAOC-N). She established their first-ever Commander Support Staff, SIPRnet support, VTC Support, VPN Support and Functional Area Records Manager for the 505th Operations Group, supporting over 1,000 personnel for the Joint Expeditionary Force Experiment and various exercises. During her 14 year career Sgt Monteiro has had several awards to include Communication Information Manager of the Year and NCO of the Quarter.
- 2000 Airman Leadership School, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
- 2003 Associates Degree in Information Resource Management from the Community College of the Air Force.
- 2007 Bachelorís of Science Degree in Business Management from the University of Phoenix
- 2011 Mathies Non-commissioned Officer Academy, Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi
- Nov 1996 -- Sep 2001, 347th Operations Group, Moody Air Force Base, GA
- Sep 2001 -- Apr 2008, 6th Combat Training Squadron, Nellis Air Force Base, NV
- Apr 2008 -- Pesent, Det 255, Air Force ROTC, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- Air Force Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
- Airman - Aug 1996
- Airman First Class - Dec 1997
- Senior Airman Below-the-Zone - Feb 1998
- Staff Sergeant - Dec 2000
- Technical Sergeant - Oct 2009