is available to all student athletes, free of charge. Tutors can help
you with course content as well as study strategies. Tutors are available
in virtually all general education program subjects including natural
sciences, mathematics, social sciences, and the humanities. Tutoring is
a strategy that can help students learn difficult material. For other
students, tutoring can help master the material-to earn A's instead of
B's. Tutoring, however, is NOT a substitute for attending class and doing
RULES AND GUIDELINES:
1. You are permitted to work with an individual assigned tutor three hours/week/course.
2. You will meet with tutors at the Learning Center.
3. Note tutors hours/subjects on your weekly planner.
4. Don't procrastinate. Attend a tutor early and often--not just before
a test/assignment due date.
5. Be prepared for each session. Review the section, draft the assignment
or do some problems in advance. Bring your course materials. Be ready
with questions. Tutors do not organize, write or type papers for you.
You cannot submit for a grade any written or computer work used as examples
by a tutor.
6. At the end of each session, summarize with your tutor. Schedule the
time and topic of the next session.
THESE GUIDELINES FOR APPROPRIATE TUTOR USE
TO REQUEST A TUTOR:
1. Contact your athletics coordinator to request a tutor.
2. Discuss your specific tutor needs with your athletics coordinator.
3. Bring course name, number, and syllabus. Be prepared to discuss what
academic challenges you are having with course.
4. Your athletics coordinator will complete a tutor request form and submit
it to the tutor coordinator.
5. The tutor coordinator will email you the name and phone number of your
tutor. It is your responsiblity to set up an initial appointment. The
Athletic Student Services office strongly suggests that students set up
consistent, weekly sessions with their tutors.
6. Please contact Sue via email
or phone (335-9384) if there is a problem with the tutor or tutor session.
Student Services Office attempts to fill all individual tutor requests
within 48 hours of the initial request.
LOCATION AND TIMES:
Tutor rooms have been reserved
in the Athletic Learning Center. All tutoring takes place in the designated
tutoring areas during the Learning Center hours of operation.
Group tutoring sessions will be scheduled
for select classes throughout the semester. These sessions will be held
during Learning Center hours. Check the Learning Center bulletin board