NCAA Special Assistance Fund
The NCAA Special Assistance Funds are available but not guaranteed to the following students:
1. Pell-eligible students;
2. Students receiving athletic scholarships who have unmet financial need;
3. Foreign students who have unmet financial need.
Permissible uses of the funds are:
1. Medical and dental costs not covered by another insurance program (e.g. hearing aids, contact lenses, glasses, off-campus psychological counseling);
2. Costs associated with student or family emergencies;
3. Costs of expendable academic course supplies (e.g. notebook, pens) and rental of non-expendable supplies (e.g. computer equipment and cameras) that are required for all students enrolled in a course;
4. Cost of clothing and other essential expenses.
To find out if you are eligible;
Pell-eligible students - get an application in Athletics Student Services;
Other students - file a FAFSA with the Office of Student Financial Aid;
Foreign students - contact the Director of Athletics Student Services.