Procurement Card (Pcard)
- Are Pcards and their card numbers properly secured?
- Ideal answer: Yes. Card holders are responsible for the safe keeping of the card and number to reduce risk of theft or unauthorized purchases. This can be done by storing the card in a locked desk or file drawer.
- Are Pcard vouchers reconciled and routed in workflow prior to the 18th of the month following the end of each billing cycle?
- Ideal answer: Yes. Card holder is responsible for timely reconciliation of monthly statements. Accounts Payable policy requires this by the 18th of the month following each billing cycle.
- Are all purchases compliant with University Pcard policy?
- Ideal answer: Yes. Monthly reconciliations will confirm all transactions are legitimate. Additional information on pcard policy, training, discounts, updates, and other frequently asked questions (FAQ's) can be located on the Purchasing web site at: http://www.uiowa.edu/~purchasing/PC/index.html