- “A Slowdown That May Slow Us Down”/New York Times
- "A Theory of Human Motivation"
- "A Well-Being Manifesto for a Flourishing Society"
- “Bally's founder Don Wildman speeds up at 76”/Los Angeles Time
- "Bring Back the Sabbath" -
- "Do-Over!" (Chapter One)/Hemley
- "Endangered Species: Play and Creativity"
Consuming Kids, Chapter 4 - Linn
- "Extravagant Gesture: Nature,
Design, and Transformation of Human Industry, The" - McDonough and Braungart
- “Is Your Job Killing You? How Work Influences Longevity”
- "Leisure Needs and Motives"
- "Life in the Slow Lane" -
- "Man's Search for Meaning"/Viktor Frankl (Excerpt)
- "Meeting the 'Chocolate Slaves'" - Hawksley
- "Nature and Significance of Play
as a Cultural Phenomenon" - Huizinga
- "On Advertising: Sut Jhally vs. James Twitchell"
- Overscheduled Kids, Underconnected
Families - Doherty & Carlson &
Enough -- The Time Cost of Stuff - Robin
- Overworked American,
The - Chapter 2 - Schor
- "Play as an Organizing Principle"
Clinical Evidence and Personal Observations" - Brown
- Playboy interview with John
Lennon and Yoko Ono
- "Play’s the Thing"
- Second Wind: The Memoirs
of an Opinionated Man - Russell
- "Social Play Behavior: Cooperation,
Fairness, Trust, and the Evolution of Morality" - Bekoff
- "Stories Done: Writings on the 1960s and Its Discontents-The Mystery Inside John Lennon" /Gilmore
- "The Best Medicine - Children's Hospital's
Wallis Davies" - Sebold
- "The Checker King" - Kelley & Gould
- “The Happiness Professor”/AARP
- "Waiting for the Weekend"
Chapter 5 - Rybczynski
- "Why Grudman was so keen" - Nelson and Cohen
- "Why Play = Learning: A Challenge for Parents and Educators" - Golinkoff, Hirsh-Pasek, and Singer
Copyright © 2003-07 David Gould. All rights reserved.
e-mail David Gould
page updated August 30, 2009