- Meeting Dates
- Announcements and Events
- Meeting Minutes
- CDA Mission & Bylaws
- Contact Us
- Hawkeye Access Pride - Recoginition Program
Welcome to Council on Disability Awareness
Meeting Notes - Jan. 20, 2011
Present: Helen Jameson, Carly Armour, Jan Gorman, Keith Ruff, Shelli Meyer, Peter Gerhard, Scott Gill, Kris Smith, Kathy Forbes, David Fitzgerald, Katie Smith, Janalyn Moss, Tiffini Stevenson-Earl
Call to order
Carly Armour, Co-Chair called meeting to order at 12:00pm.
Introductions were made.
- Council on Disability Awareness Business Cards
- Business cards were created with support by the Chief Diversity Office
- Numerous given to members at meeting
- Jane Gay, Director, Iowa Program Assistive Technology (IPAT)
- A program statewide program since 1989 to increase access and acquisitions for persons with disabilities, in their home, at work, etc.
- They contract with Iowa Able Foundation to provide low interest loans for Assistive Tech or home models.
- IPAT supports COMPASS for Used Equipment Referral Service (UERS) to manage a for-sale or looking for electronic list for used/recycled devices.
- An attachment with more information was provided by email.
- A third judge is needed. Any recommendations can be emailed to Carly Armour.
- A recognition during the Reception for Priscilla McKinley was discussed.
- Poster order has been submitted.
- To locate contest winners at the UI Library. www.lib.uiowa.edu, then click on Services, then Iowa Research Online. The repository is a service of University of Iowa Libraries. Research and scholarly output included here has been selected and deposited by the faculty, researchers and students of the University of Iowa. This site will be made to be accessible for all disabilities.
- The Summit will be on the Iowa State University Campus.
- Ideas of anything we can do in support are needed. Possibly partnering with DPAC (Disability Planning Action Committee), an education forum, etc.
- Took place 1/21/11
- It was agreed to change the meeting time to 12pm to 1pm.
- Rooms will continue to be reserved from 12pm – 1:30pm in case more time is needed.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00pm by Helen Jameson, Co-Chair
The next meeting will be a social on Thursday, February 17th at 12pm, Location: 2520 UCC
Minutes submitted by: Shelli Meyer, Secretary
Approved by: Carly Armour, Co-Chair